I almost drove one of those fat tired, little 50HP mini bikes off a cliff once. The throttle wasn't hooked up to the handlebars and my 'buddy' had a lever hooked up right to the carb or something that you had to reach down under the seat for. Can't remember exactly how it worked but I remember reaching and reaching as I approached a fence running 90 degrees to maybe a 15' cliff down to the shore. Normally you went through a 2-3 foot space between the fence and the cliff but at a much slower speed and I couldn't slow down. The giant cranky guy who owned the lawn I would have had traverse in order to avoid this maneuver scared me more than the idea of flying off the bank so I kept going.

In hind sight, it wasn't such a small space to go through at the speed I was doing but as a kid who had little experience on even a properly working bike, it was pretty scary.

The above link is a whole other matter though. I'd probably have the nerve to try it but I have enough logic to know I don't have the skill. At least that's how I like to interpret it, a lack of nerve, oops, I mean lack of skill.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.