My vote would be for M60s (or M80s as technically you can't have too big. That's only a dependent of the volume knob) plus the ep350 for a room. However, that's a personal preference. I doubt my ears would be displeased at all with M22s filling that space. If your space also includes higher than normal ceilings, it might add actual justification towards the 60-80s instead of just my bias.

However, here's an idea because you want to ultimately save for the HT room....

If the HT room you refer to wanting to spend more on in the end is actually smaller than this living space, then it definately would not need floor standers (unless you just like them, like me.) So, you could always get M22s now for the bigger living space and then when you ready to start into the full HT system in the smaller room, you could very safely transfer the M22s into the HT room and then be in a good position to decide if you want to then put floor standers in the bigger space.

You'll be buying a second set of fronts for the HT room anyways, so this method allows you to play it safe and possibly save money or be able to justify that you need to spend more on the floor standers without wasting the M22s

Last edited by Murph; 04/08/10 04:42 PM. Reason: clarity

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.