Originally Posted By: jakewash
Last time I listened to the M22v2, I thought it sounded alot like the M60 with less bass, add that sub and you are pretty much equal to M60s and very close to M80s.

The M60s are a very good speaker but the M80s offer a more pronounced midrange and upper end than the M60s, IMO. Now this is at lower volumes say 60-75/80db once you allow some power to the M60s the differnces disappear and the M60s are much closer in sound to the M80s, but as with all things audio YMMV.

What he said. Well, I actually found differences between the M60 and M80 even at higher levels.

I have listened to all 3 at Axiom with an A/B switch so I could compare directly. The M22 + sub sounds very close to the M60.

I ended up with the M80 because I thought I heard enough of a difference in the M80 mid range and trebble.

On the stands, there are less expensive options than what Axiom offers. There are a few people here who have bought other stands.

In the end all 3 speakers are very good so you can't go wrong whatever the choice.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!