I agree with the masses. Unless you want to get into discussions around tube vs. digital or do I need extra wattage because I play ear splittingly loud, then I would be much more concerned about getting the features, inputs and outputs that you will need, than the 'sound' of the receiver.

Although I lean towards the more documented evidence that would tend to agree with JohnK, I'm not dissing the guys who guys who are happier with combo A vs. combo B. I'm just thinking that in a hobby where you quickly reach a point where the laws of diminishing returns kick in, you might be at the stage where you could get bigger sound results from other changes.

That being said, I wish I was at the point in my shopping list and my finances where I could experiment with amps, receivers etc.

All that plus all that being said, if you are ready to buy, I do enjoy my Denon. Several years now and with but one brief oddity after purchase that was cleared by doing a full reset, it just keeps working flawlessly. Hopefully, the manuals have improved though. They were obviously written by engineers whose time would have been better spent working on new products and components.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.