Thanks everyone! I think you have given me sound advice (to go ahead with the 4310). It is surely abnormal behavior and just the thought of going through all this again the next time (which could be this afternoon) the channel cuts out is too much. Since it is no longer under warranty (and I figure my luck is just like Michael D says where it won't be broken when they look into it) I plan to take it this summer to a local repair place who maybe will keep it long enough to find the problem and repair it and then sell it. I certainly wouldn't sell it like this, but to later recoup a bit of the money I've spent replacing it will be good. I think I have one of the earlier production models, but haven't had a problem until now. Sure hope the install and setting up of the 4310 will be easier since I now have some Denon experience! What a challenge this one was when I got it! If you happen to know any shortcuts like what to set up sub at or whatnot, please advise since I want this to go as easy as possible and I do recall some strange stuff with Audssey setting the sub at a weird distance (which I believe you just ignore if I recall correctly). If any of you have the 4310 and have suggestions - you know I am all ears!! Thanks.
Laura