Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder
Very nice. I know that when I moved from a corner mount to a wall-centered mount, the room was SO much bigger.

Sounds like a good purchase on the Panny V10. I'm curious if you know if that model has the shifting black issue that came up a few months ago. Apparently, some Pannys increase the black level up to 50% after 1000 hours. That would suck if you spent $$ for ISF, only to have it change because of Panny firmware. I'm in the market so I'm trying figure out if Panny is still the way to go w/ plasma and which series. I have an older 480p but long for a real 1080p.

The G10/V10s are supposed to be the best Pannys but I couldn't justify the cost differential from my S1 for the very slight video differential I could see.

During my search I finally came to the conclusion it doesn't matter what you buy they all have issues of some sort.

Simple solution to the shifting black levels would be to wait till 1500hrs for calibration ;\) I haven't calibrated my S1, simply did the slide burn in and really haven't noticed much of a difference between first time I watched before the burn in and now a couple months later after, still looks fantastic to me.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70