I’ve tried out both wide and height speakers on my Onkyo 3007 and found that the wides usually do more for the soundstage than rears but IMO it’s very room dependent as to which will help the most.

The M22s work perfectly as wide speakers for the M80s that’s what I’ve been using, but don‘t work as well as height speakers. IMO the best height speakers are the QS speakers as all the sound coming from the height channel is ambient.

What is the size of your room and the layout of your seating? It might be easier to guess which will sound better know that however, the only real way of knowing for sure is to experiment with the speaker positions. With the speakers you have already you could try moving the M22s up to the wide position. If you like how they sound up there you could try moving your QS8s slightly behind your seating if not already there to help cover the rear soundstage with the M22s missing.

Does your Denon 4310 work like my Onkyo 3007 where I can run a normal 7.1 system with rears but have to chose between wide or height? Or do you have to choose between rears, wides, or heights?

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1