I thought I would post this over here, cuz I know that at least one other forum member has one of these and he might want to know about replacing the batteries, which, sooner or later will be necessary. I could've just PMed him this info, but I thought maybe someone else might be interested.

The other day, I noticed that the "replace battery" light on My PureAV AP30800 Home Theater Battery Backup was lit. Since my AP30800 was out of warranty, Belkin wasn't really much help. They did provide me with a link to a company where I could get replacement batteries, but they provided no information on how to do the replacement.

So, with some trepidation, I began to tear into my AP30800 all by myself. After removing many more screws than necessary, I am proud to say I actually figured out the proper procedure for opening the unit, removing the old batteries, rewiring the new batteries (no soldering necessary), and closing the incision (nurse you now may remove my mask and gloves).

The point of this post is simply to let you know that I know how to do this, and if it ever becomes necessary for you to do it, just PM me and I'll send you the instructions. If you prefer, PM me now and I'll send them now (well, as soon as I have them completed). I can send them attached to an email as either a WORD document or a .pdf.

The replacement batteries (2 are needed) can be found, at the moment, from around $48 delivered (original 7AH version) to $68 delivered (9AH version). Larger Amp-hour = Longer backup time. All listed batteries are guaranteed to be compatible with the AP30800. I opted for the the 9AH version.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton