Originally Posted By: medic8r
Hey, Scott, I forget. Did you ever tell us the origin of your screen name? What classic are you referring to?

Origin of screen name (and avatar, too)... So many, many years ago I bought a ski boat and it had an AMC 401 V8 running the jet drive. Most folks on the water with jet boats usually run Ford or Chevy big blocks. Thinking I had a small block, I'd get lots of requests for races, usually to impress the other guys girlfriend with how fast his boat was. What they didn't know was that my motor was built pretty well and about 25% of the time I'd beat them. The rest of the time is was pretty close, but I just couldn't get past the high end power of a big block. So the usual questions followed:
"What's in that thing?"
"An AMC"
"You mean like a Gremlin or a Pacer?"
"Yeah, kinda"
"Ha ha ha ha ha"
"Keep laughing hotshot, I just beat you!"

Ever since, I've been a fan of the underdog - Hence the Underdog avatar.

I'm also a gear head and have a project car waiting for time and funding; An AMC Rambler 770 Classic 2-Door. Given the good performance of the 401 I have in the boat, I planned on putting a 401 in the Classic, hence "a401classic". The motor plans have since changed a bit, it has morphed into a stroked 401 now displacing 424 ci with a roller cam and I have 2 turbos ready to feed it. I'm targeting 750-800 hp.

So that's the story. Thanks for asking, J.P.

Scott

Scott

My HT