IMO it depends on what you plan to use them for. I wouldn’t do that if critical listening to music is big on your list. The reason most speakers are vertical is because that make for a better horizontal dispersion of the sound coming from them. Which in turn helps to produce a better soundstage.

OTOH if movies and TV are most of your listening then they might work out ok. I personally like the wider dispersion of sound for watching on screen action because it better created a theater like wall of sound making it harder to pinpoint the location the sound is coming from so that it seems to blend better with the on screen action.

Do you plan to grow this into a 5.1 or 7.1 or ?.1 (who knows where it’s going next), or is this going to strictly be for stereo?

Depending on your constraints I’d be more inclined to go with bookshelf speakers and a sub. If you absolutely don’t want a bass reflex speaker then I would find one that either isn’t ported or front ported if you haven’t tried that yet.

Someone did post pictures of a setup with 3 VP150 across the front L/C/R but I have no idea how it sounded with music and am inclined to think it doesn’t do well at reproducing a realistic soundstage.

Also have you considered in or on wall speakers. Those shouldn’t be ported. I’m also guessing you meant to say “having vertical speaker placement for me is difficult” or you wouldn’t be looking at going with the VP100s

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1