I'd love to see a head to head with the A5-350 and the EP500 personally. I didn't really dig a whole bunch into subs before I pulled the trigger on my Epic 80/800 system. I'm certainly not saying I regret my purchase, as I am more than satisfied with the EP800. But let me just say IF I would have been on a stricter budget, I think eD would definately have been the road I would have taken. They look to have an incredible range of subs from which to choose from, and each of them look to be more than worth their cost.

The one advantage I can see with Axiom subs is that the bigger ones do reach down VERY low indeed. Someone asked if you thought you could actually tell the difference between 16 and 18 hz.... maybe not, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the EP800's claim to dig down to 13 hz isn't a snake oil claim. This monster does things to this room that I've never experienced with anything else, including that JL beast Shane brought over. I can feel things that I've never felt in a movie theater or anywhere else for that matter. I personally feel that there is a trade-off however when it comes to a sub tuned to reach 13 hz, than it might not hit the upper notes quite as hard. I may be wrong, but the JL seemed to really hit me in the chest a lot harder than the 800 does.

But for movies, deep is good! \:D

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD