It's funny this thread came up as I'm in the market for nuisance control devices as well.

This summer we took a small step towards starting our grassfed beef operation by purchasing a small herd of Irish Dexter cattle. A 4-year old mule came with the herd-mules do a great job of keeping the far too numerous coyotes in the area from dining on the baby calves. It's hilarious to watch the family yellow lab get between the mule and the cattle. The mule becomes a whirling dervish of flying hooves and snapping teeth.

Lately the mule has picked up a bad habit. We have a 6-week old baby bull calf that the mule has started to chase. I mean high speed action-he gets the calf right on the end of his nose and runs as hard as the calf can run-all the while attempting to bite the calf in the back. It's got to the point that the calf just runs through the electric fence to escape. We've tried firing a shotgun over the mules head to no avail. Leaning towards a bb or pellet gun. (my wife doesn't approve of loading a shotgun shell with some rock salt)

Now for the interesting question-Did anyone who joined this forum ever expect to see an post on mule control? Life's never dull on the Minnesota prairie.

M22's, VP150, QS4's, HK 630, HSU VTF3-MKII