Actually, I have a gripe with the on-wall M22's. I have the bookshelf and the on-wall versions. I have plenty of good things to say about the bookshelf, but so far, with the on-walls, only a lot of adjusting on the AVR to come up with anything close to what the bookshelf version sounds like without any success.

Does this make the on-wall M22 a "bad" speaker? No, just a very different sounding speaker. There is more brightness and less bass. Some of the bass can be added back in if you don't use any lower cut off with a cross over, but it's still not the same. What would help is a sub that can go upwards over 150 hz perhaps to fill in the missing upper bass. Or, my suggestion would be to re-design the on-wall M22 to have a bigger cabinet. Thicker mainly and perhaps a tad taller.

As to using a vertical speaker horizontally, or a horizontal speaker vertically, I think you would be defeating the purpose of how that speaker was designed, resulting in sonic differences. (or actually I think that would be dispersion differences.)

Last edited by CatBrat; 06/28/10 11:50 PM.