My experience supports what Jay is saying. For a few months before I moved I had my M22s and VP150 set up in my apartment bedroom with the M22s only about 5-6 feet apart sitting about the same distance away. Interestingly this was the best my VP150 ever sounded. For some reason in this arrangement it blended almost perfectly with my M22s.

Also, as Jay said it’s my experience that the midrange drivers have more impact on where the sound seems to be coming from than the tweeters.

Note that using a center speaker will likely change your stereo imaging since you will no longer be listening in stereo. My experience, even with 3 M80s across the front, lots of the 2/ch music I listen to still sounds better in stereo rather than using DSP to pull out a separate center channel. Generally the better mastered the 2/ch CD the better it sounds in stereo to me rather than with a center. Just my opinion though.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1