Damn, can't wait to see how awesome HDBaseT 1.2 is going to be!!!

J/K, actually CV, you had me at, "HDMI is dead"! wink

Mainly because it seems they're having to upgrade the damn thing to incorporate whatever new technology is coming out at the time. This looks to be fairly future proof (of course with all the extra capacity, naturally companies will soon be rushing their 2160p resolution tv's to market along with their brand new Extreme Quadrouple High Definition surround sound modes), and altogether easier.... yes it looks like a grand slam by all means. I'm half tempted to pull my nest egg out of the bank and invest it in stock for this technology. But not everything that looks like it's about to take over the world does (however they do have Sony on board.... which means their deep pockets will deep six HDMI faster than you can say HD DVD!!! whistle).

I'm rooting for this thing to take off as well. Mostly because it looks to be altogether better than HDMI... but I also have to admit that I have a rather selfish reason for cheering for it as well... as one of the last people to have not upgraded my reciever to an HDMI capable model yet, I could sigh a huge breath of relief for not pulling the trigger on one just yet if they are about to become obsolete in the near future.

Had I'd suffered the last 4 - 5 years in misery because I had rolled the dice at exactly the worst time when I bought my Denon 4802, then I would have thrown in the towel forsure if I would have recently invested in an HDMI module just as they were being phased out! crazy

Last edited by Micah; 07/04/10 04:30 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD