Hello Dr. House

I built this system for a good friend of mine who was knocked over by my 2 channel systems - one driven by a Sonic Impact T-Amp through a pair of Michaura M55s (much like the Axiom M22s but substantially more efficient probably because the M55s use the 3/4" Titanium tweeter from the old M2, M1, M0 lineup) and the other driven first by an Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15DT integrated 5wpc tube amp and later by a flagship Kenwood KA9100 silver faced beauty of an amp through a pair of Dahlquist uprgraded DQM905s or big Michaura M66s (like the M50Tis, a pair of Axiom 6.5" drivers and the 3/4" driver).

Anyway, I wanted to use the Antique Sound Labs tube preamp which has some good reviews and costs $350, but I have had serious problems with the customer support or total lack of it from Antique Sound Labs' distributor, Divergent Technologies. The chassis terminals for inputs have all failed - little cheap gold pins come out whenever you remove any interconnect no matter how relaxed the fit (if they fit tight enough to make a connection, they're so tight they pull out the connector pin.

Here is a picture of the rear end of the great sounding Antique Sound Labs MG S1 I 15DT missing its connectors:

[img:center][/img]

Here are some interconnects with the connector pin still inside the interconnect:
[img:center][/img]

So, if Divergent Technologies won't support their product, I can't in good conscience put one of their components into my friend's system, much as I would have liked to.

So, I found an inexpensive passive preamp with good reviews and it sounds great.

Have to take a break now, and I'll post further later.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.