Tash Goka says they improved the chassis input RCA jacks on their newer units. I'm not sure how to fix my amp since the parts seem unique, a tiny ceramic donut (the red and white things), the gold sleeves with the two pins ... I'd hate to think my amp is a throw away because the distributor doesn't stock or have access to replacement parts.

I'll call Kevin Scales at Upscale Audio, who used to carry ASL components and see if he can help. I sure lost all respect for Divergent Technologies even though they carry 2 of my favorite audio toys - the Reference 3a speakers and the Antique Sound Labs tube amps and preamps.

"Maybe you can find someone who can fix it" doesn't qualify as customer support in my book.

All that having been said, the ASL MGS1 15DT is an incredibly sweet sounding amplifier - when it worked it was my favorite amp I've ever owned. I have bunch.

I suppose as a last resort, I could cut out the plastic housing remove the input chassis terminals and cobble something new from Partsexpress or Madisound in its place.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 07/06/10 05:10 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.