If I were you I would take actions based on my friend personality and how close I am with him! There are people that just don't accept any kind of disagreement and others do. Usually I don't get involved in other people business, because there are times that this will only get back at you. I think this is more of a Japanese culture thing so I guess that people from different countries think differently though. I have learned on the course of my life that even the best of your thoughts might be misinterpreted sometimes. After having bad experiences trying to help some people I try not to get involved in other people business. Although as being a true friend you should try to point your friend out on the right direction. What a dilemma... There was one time that one of my best friends girlfriend was hitting on me and I pretended that nothing was happening because he was DEEPLY in love with her, better saying totally blind. I knew that wasn't a saint and if I confronted her she would definitely neglect what she was doing and either way I would be in jeopardy because he would not believe me since she has been telling him lies about me. Sorry for writing this stuff, it has nothing to do with the subject... I better go to bed. Hope someone will help you out.

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.