Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I purchased a pair of Axiom M3V3s. I was looking forward to hearing the new tweeter, and the new 6.5" driver and checking out the magnetic grills. After all, the Axiom website informs us that the new M3s driver and tweeter result in improved sound quality.

Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped my new M3V3s and saw the same old black-eyed-pea 6.5" driver and the same old plug in grill covers. I noticed that the cabinet plaque on the back identified these as M3V2s. I called and emailed. I don’t think I got M3V3s I said. "You don't like them?" was the inappropriate response delivered in a particularly dismissive and arrogant manner.

I asked about my speakers, are they M3V3s or not? Yes, I was told, you got the M3V3s just the old cabinet without the magnetic latches. What about the V2 plaque? Same story. What about the 6.5" black eye pea drivers? They're the same as the new ones I was told.

How can I tell if I have the new tweeter. Just check the serial number I was told.

Now, don't get me wrong. These M3s in glossy cherry are beautiful and they sound great.

Do I have the strong feeling that I have a pair of beautiful and great sounding M3V2s instead of the new M3V3s? I sure do.

As to the vaunted Axiom customer service, I can say there is a profound difference between dealing with Noreen, Amie or Joe (MHRIP) as I did in years past, and the new crowd. No comparison.

Anyway, Dr. House. Some things change, and not always for the better. As to the enforcers, some things stay the same, not always for the better.

Do not get frustrated, I got also a couple of non very scientific answers from Axiom Audio advisors not long ago, while inquiring about their subs (to the point that I ended buying a Velodyne) even from one of their engineers. Later on I got a more coherent answer, at least not absurd, but still with a completelly wrong approach...I let the issue go, as I was assuming the same you did, where have all the good times gone!!!

So now the drivers are the same just with a different dust-cap? Is that what you were told, so there is no improvement on the drivers, AFAIK there was nothing wrong with the old dust-caps...

Sorry guys but the more I read here about them, the more I'm inclined to believe that the V3 was just s cosmetic side movement, rather than a true improvement, but we still need to hear them and not from a fanboy...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!