Oh man I completely forgot, I went down to my local HHGreggs last weekend & tried out the 3D set-up they had laid out. For the first few minutes I thought it really SUCKED!!! Then I realized you have to actually turn on the goggles ( shocked ).

Ok hit the tiny little button and... aaaahhhh, THIS is what it's all about! I must admit, it was freakin cool! The demo they played was a loop with everything from sports, space station footage, cartoons, live tv & more. It was really neat to see the figures close to the camera stand out and the stuff in the background fade WAAAY back into the backyard somewhere. Far cooler than I ever would have given it credit for.

That was the good news. The bad news is, those glasses were on my face for a whole 10 minutes and I wanted to throw them against the wall half way through the audition. NOT comfortable at all. And they had horrible glare on the inside of the glass from the store lights, I tried cupping my hands around the exposed area to stop the glare, but no matter what I did I couldn't stop the light from coming in & really causing annoying glare!!! Completely unusable design.

But better glasses isn't a fix-all. I also tested looking at the screen with the glasses on, then flipping the glasses down... The screen looks MUCH darker when viewing with the glasses, and the colors don't look nearly as vibrant nor do they POP like they do on the 2D sets (or the 3D set w/out the glasses on). So picture quality does indeed take a severe hit when viewing with those terrible glasses.

The other bad news is, like has been mentioned on here already, after just a 10 minute viewing I actually started to feel a bit nausiated! Perhaps this was due to the fact that I was standing up? I don't know, all I know is that when I took the glasses off and started walking towards the exit I thought for a split second that I was walking on a boat deck & had to get by bearings back. That wasn't a favorable experience. In fact I rather loathed it.

So all in all, the effect was far neater than I was expecting it to be... but the side effects were even worse than I'd heard they were. A 3D tv with glasses will never be on my list of wants. Now, if they can bring that effect to tv's without glasses, and the brightness & color don't suffer, I may have to rethink my stance.

But there's a lot of ground to make up from now to then. And for now, it's a big, fat, "HELL NO"!!!!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD