Originally Posted By: Henry66
Originally Posted By: grunt
My favorite tweak of all is to elevate my M80s.
How high?

My best experience has been high enough to get the tweeters above the level of my furniture backs. Also, so that the speakers are lined up so that my ears are just below the tweeters or on level with the midrange drivers. The farther away I sit the less important ear level becomes but height of the tweeters and if possibly one or more of the midrange drivers above the furniture remains important. With my present seating milk crates work perfect.

I also found that placing my center above my screen, when I had an HDTV not my projection screen, sounded better than keeping the tweeters on the same level. I didn’t notice any issues with panning across the front with the center up higher but it did create a more substantial front soundstage by making it sound like things were coming more from up front rather than from speaker level. Elevating the mains also has a similar effect for me and also makes it easier to keep the tweeters near the same level if you’re into such things.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1