A new vette runs about 50K. An RS1 model vette is about 100K. It's about custom, extra bells and whistles, higher end components, better performance, etc. Pre-pro's typically are not marketed to folks who are looking at Yugos, so they build them to satisfy the whim of folks who tend to drive luxury imports. Some of the added fluff in pre's is justifiably priced, some not, some questionable. And yes, I know, the car verses electronics analogy doesn’t fit very well and we can argue about all day long. I make it because the point is one that most with a reasonable demeanor can relate to.

Chris - I'll believe it when I see it and live it. I'm sure that the latest chip sets make life easier, but refuse to believe all the problems have simply been resolved by means of a new chipset. HDMI 1.5, then 2.0, then 2.5, then wireless, then whatthehellever will come out and each one will come with its own back of crap that gets all over everything. I think I'd rather believe in the tooth fary.... Did I mention I hate computers?? Sorry for the rant. I'm done.