So, took a look at my situation a little close this weekend. That is after I reinstalled everything on my #$%@#$ PC because my hard drive crashed too....lovely week I'm having

Speaker as I stated was not damaged when it hit carpet floor. Amazing. The only thing that is really wrong with speaker is when that metal insert pulled itself through, it pulled some of the wood and veneer out and warped it. See earlier pics.

Screen is screwed. Nothing I can do there but replace it and swallow the bill.

However, since I had to take a speaker out of cabinet to get at the piece that was loose inside anyways, once I had it open I got an idea. By placing a thicker bolt through the mount hole, then using a nut and bolt combo to attached to full metal bracket, I think I'll have an even stronger mounting point.

See above the 10 cent piece of crap that failed. It amazes me really that it lasted near 5 years given how small and weak it is.

So, I am going to mount speaker back to where it was above screen. Afterall, as I said, the actual mount did not fail, it was the 10 cent piece of metal holding it to the speaker that caused all this damage. The mount is solid enough that I can do chin ups on it. I mounted it originally with larger screws and to double studs, so that is not a weak point. As long as the thicker bolt holds, and the 3 large washers inside the speaker I used, I should be good.

So, bottom line, speaker should be salvaged. I haven't turned it on since the fall but I suspect it's ok.

Next step save some money, find a screen again...oh joy.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12