Sometime in the next two weeks, my long and eagerly awaited 22tis and VP150 will be arriving from the Axiom factory outlet (I hope). The QS8s will have to wait until the budget is healthier. I have been busily measuring, constructing, organizing, and arranging, so that everything will be ready when they arrive. I’ve bought a few new cables, added a few new pieces of equipment, and have everything just about ready. All this activity has brought me to a level of breathless anticipation that borders on what fathers must feel awaiting the birth of their firstborn. Being childless, I can only speculate. All I know is that daily I have to run to the bathroom with what can only be termed the audiophile's version of morning sickness. The lightheaded, giddy intoxication of this impending birth of a sound system is, to say the least, addicting.

So, here’s the problem. Once the speakers arrive, and I have them set up, and calibrated; once I’ve listened and have oooood and aaaaaahd to my hearts content; once this monumental event is over, I fear the onset of post sound system partum depression. And as we all know, THAT can lead to the dreaded disease………UPGRADEITIS!

I need your advice. I need to know how you’ve handled the horrible, inevitable, unsatisfying, feared………completion of a project. Don’t leave me suffering! PLEASE! HELP!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton