My current room is about 10' x 15' and I'm running with M60 fronts, VP150 center, and QS8 rears. I originally bought that setup for a much larger area, but they totally rock in the smaller theater. Too much? No. Needed for that size space, no as well.

If I had started in the 10' x 15' space, I probably would have done the M22 fronts as well and built the system around them.

Today there are so many on-wall, in-wall options that it is great.

I am planning dedicated home theater space every time I go into another house that I am looking at for when we move this fall. Every time I see a window, I wonder what my room darkening options are. I have heard that there are some blinds/shades that have tracks that go inside the window opening, so that there is no gap between the blinds/shades and the window opening helping to block all light coming in, and leaving your options open for if you ever wanted to have access to the window again.

I guess that it is just something that I wouldn't want to block out permanently in a theater area. I did it with my first theater, and it came back to hurt us when we sold the house and the window was blocked.

Good luck. To me, this part is exciting... Planning out one of my favorite areas to build in a house.

Farewell - June 4, 2020