Mad Dog, Curtis, it's good to see friends work out differences of opinion.

I am brand new to this hobby. While graphs are a good reference to look at, listening to speakers in my home is the only way I can decide what sounds good. With that said, I don't think my set up is ideal with the speakers put in corners. Also, my vernacular for this hobby is not up to speed so bear with me.

Curtis, I do not have that particular Dave Matthews Band CD. What I do have is, "Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Luther College". I played track #6 from Disc #1, "Crash Into Me". I repeated the track twice for each set of speakers, I did not adjust the treble or bass. No sub used. For this listening session, I divided the song into 3 areas; the vocals I considered high, the "lead" guitar playing notes instead of only strumming I considered mids, and the strumming guitar I considered low/bass. These 3 areas are what stood out the most to me with each speaker. I know this is by no means a scientific way to measure the frequencies of this song. But, here we go...

The ELTs were the brightest of the 3. The vocals were very pronounced. The "mids" were there but not very forward, no bass. The highs are the strongest point of this speaker, mids (whether lower mid or upper bass) is ok. As stated b4, needs a sub.

The M2s were "warmer" sounding than the ELTs. The vocals were good, not as high as ELT. The mids were lacking, and bass was pronounced. The mids were really flat, not sure why.

The M3s sounded the best in my opinion. The vocals sounded the same as M2s, with good "mids", and of course bass. They seemed the most balanced.

I'm not sure what good this review does with no emperical data other than let you know what I think. Also, a lot has been written about the difference the M2 and M3. The M3 tends to have a "warmer" sound and M2s have more clarity. I found them to be more similar than different. Partly, I think, b/c of the speaker placement. With them basically in a corner or close to a wall, it seems the bass is more pronounce overall than if they were on stands.

The two speakers with completely different sounds is the ELT and M2. Different mfgrs, different components and build, but man, it's almost night and day.

All 3 speakers sound good doing different work. The ELTs are sold as HT speakers, which to me, they are good at. I'm sure even better with the whole package working together. For 2 channel music listening, they are not for me.