Originally Posted By: Riker
I don't want a projector / screen. Would a 58" be enough at that distance ? I don't want to pay more than $5K for my tv, less is better, but PQ quality is paramount.

I want a front projector at some point, but I know why most people wouldn't want to get into that whole hassle. I'm hesitant to get into it myself, especially when the ideal front projection technology has yet to surface.

While my only experience with DLP has been improperly calibrated sets at stores several years ago (which didn't impress me at all), I'm still interested in the technology, even if consumers as a whole seem to have written it off. The Mitsubishi LaserVue sets are intriguing (65" model going for $4k on Amazon.com right now), but I'm not really willing to cough up that cash for something that I just want to tide me over until the front projector I want comes along. Maybe one of the non-LaserVue sets is what I'll go for. A 73" for $2500 seems pretty good. But I have other things to buy before I replace my 60" Sony SXRD, so here's hoping the options are better by the time I get serious. I wish you luck, and let us know what you decide to get.