Originally Posted By: Riker
Well, after using several online distance / screen calculators I might be re-thinking my position on a projector.

The various standards ie: THX, SMPTE etc..tell me that from my distance of 12.2feet for optimal experience I would need a screen size of 128" ! and a minimum of 95"..

Given that the 65" panny VT24 is $5K in my town, I might be better served with a projector and screen!

Comments ? I have zero knowledge of projector at this time and I know less about screens !.. more research !

If you haven't checked it out already, you might want to take a look at Costco. LG plasmas, although not quite as good as Panasonic(they sell them as well), are a good bang for the buck and still a pretty good picture. I saw one the other day, Model PK550 (60 in.) for $1699! I don't know about Ottawa but in recent times around these parts anyway, Costco seems to be really expanding their television line and getting in to some bigger sets at excellent prices.

If your heart is still set on the Panasonic and want to look at another alternative, you might want to check with "Higher Definition"(HD.ca), an online company in Oakville, Ontario(just west of Toronto). Shipping is free.