Hey Mark, I am actually just going through some of these electronic pains as the company I work for was bought by a larger company and I am in the midst of the IT switchover.

I use bberry and we (as of Monday) have a bberry enterprise server which keeps everything synced for me now. However prior to the BES being in place I used some Google sync widgets that actually worked really well. My calendar was always up to date within 5 minutes or so of entering events no matter where I actually did the entry. I think you can have really almost the same experience with synchronization no matter which device you choose (of course there are going to be some differences), so to me it comes down to form factor and features that you like.

In the end I chose bberry (Bold 9700) because of the keyboard, ease of use with email and battery life. Web, games and mmedia work but are not as slick as on the i products and droids.

For the record I have a mac and iPods at home, but for work organization I use the bberry with Outlook.

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1