Originally Posted By: CV
Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Charles, have you considered Free To Air satellite?

I hadn't even heard of it. What's a solid resource for finding out what content I can get through that?

Charles, I'll do my best to help you out, as it has been a few years since I had my FTA receiver.

The best resource for finding out which satellites are available per country is LyngSat . There are also many web sites online selling FTA receivers, like this Canadian one , that are good resources.

When I had my receiver, it was extremely popular amongst people I know. But, some people I know, along with myself, ended up selling their receivers. The only reason I sold mine is because I couldn't get the Leafs hockey games. I do know that one other person got rid of their receiver because they had to update it quite frequently, which turned into a hassle. I'm pretty sure if you have the receiver connected to the Internet at all times, or at least easily accessible to the Internet, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Again, I was heavily involved in it a couple years ago, but am off the beat and track now. If it's the same as what it was when I had my receiver, I honestly think it's the way to go. There's a learning curve, but once you're set up, you're able to watch free television from all over the world, in high quality video and audio.

If I can be of any more assistance, let me know and I'll dig around for you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.