This weekend, I was by myself for I couple of hours so I decided to watch the first Ironman at loud volume. Something is bothering me. During the scene where Ironman is about to go to Afghanistan to rescue the villagers and he enters sonic speed, one of the woofers on the M80s made a strange noise (I don't have a sub). It sounded like if there was a hole on the driver, or maybe similar to what I would imagine being port noise on a sub even though I never heard what a port noise sounds like. I repeated this scene a couple of times getting the same effect. If I lower the volume, I don't hear it no more. The only other time that I experienced that was when I watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians during the first scene where Poseidon gets out of the water and steps on the ground (again, at loud volume). Worried that one of my woofers would be damaged, I played some music with heavy bass loud but everything sounds fine. Do you think one of my woofers could be damaged? Could this be that my receiver only has 100 wpc and at this particular moment it requires more? Could it also be that these scenes have very low frequencies and the M80s are trying to play them but can't? Both times, it seemed to come from my bottom right woofer. Any ideas?

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."