I just got my new Axiom speakers in yesterday and I find myself sitting here today very angry. I purchased the M60's, VP150, and QS8's and hooked them all up to a Yamaha RXV 2400 and now I am burning up. I was up until 4 in the morning listening to my new setup doing some minor tweaking and let me just say that I am fuming. Why you may ask? Well let me tell you. I am disgusted that it took me so long to find out about these incredible speakers and I am chapped over the fact that I wasted years with my tired little Bose system.
I was flabbergasted when I heard these babies turn out such clear, full and robust sound, and I haven't even done any calibration yet. Plus my subwoofer from SVS hasn't come in yet either. I shudder to think what it will all finally end up sounding like. I may never leave my house.
So today I am sitting at work bleary eyed but grinning from ear to ear. I am excited about watching all of my movies again. Based on last night's preview I fell like I just got a whole new collection. By the way the speaker look great. I got the cherry and couldn't be happier.
I don't normally post, although I've been reading this site for months, but I just wanted to say thanks to you guys that post on here. You definitely helped me make my decision and I think Axiom is very fortunate to have such a loyal, and helpful customer base. I now understand why people are so adamant about the quality of these speakers. I know this is cheesy but I'm feeling a little giddy right now and so I'm gushing. Apologies:)
I do have one small question though. My Yamaha receiver gives me the option for 6 or 8 ohms but does not specify which speakers require which setting. So I just set everything for 6 because of the QS8s. Am I missing something on how to set this up? Should I just set everything to 8? Should I get a new reciever? (I hope that I don't have to get a new reciever because I like the one I have and I do not want to have to rewire everything).
So again thanks and if anyone has the Yamaha 2400 a little input would be great.