Maybe its just me but I find certain things in that review somewhat puzzling bordering on disingenous. Firstly what were the conditions that caused the compression on the M60? What tunes and how loud? I have heard compression on every speaker and sub I have owned, in fact its a favourite torture test of mine to know what conditions cause the speaker or sub to say uncle. And where does compression occur on the other speakers?

Secondly I've always preferred speakers with minimal crossover networks and filters since they are more coherent sounding and less phasey, a well known problem with adding filters of any kind. Clearly there is a tradeoff with employing mechanical rolloff: greater fidelity and coherency vs. compression at very high volume. I prefer the choice Axiom made in that design tradeoff.

Thirdly, why didn't they do this comparison on a more scientific blind test basis especially in light of their obvious economic conflict?

Finally and most seriously I note that the article did not disclose that Audioholics sells the Klipsch and EMP line at their website and therefore has a direct economic interest which biases their conclusions. I'd like to believe that this biased comparison is not representative of a new direction for Audioholics.

John