I guess I read that article's inferences differently than you. What they say or don't say about other brands or AV123 is irrelevant. What matters to me is that they disclose their direct economic interests when making comparisons. I just don't see how they can be unbiased in their commentary when they are selling the speakers under discussion. Call me silly but in my world if you have a direct economic interest in selling something to someone that requires disclosure to the reader. His self serving rational sugar coats that simple truth.

Also on his critism of not using filters, its clear to me he has not listened carefully to how much more coherent a natural rolloff can sound compared to adding another filter to the speaker crossover network. I always preferred the sound of the M60 in the lineup for that reason. Pushing a speaker with a natural rolloff until compression then citing that as a criticism indicates to me he does not understand speaker design very well. If high output is desired the speaker with natural acoustical rolloff on a wide bandwidth driver will lose every time to compression even though its sound quality at normal listening levels is enhanced by the absense of the additional crossover.

John