1. A couple more clarifying questions. Where exactly are you planning to mount your speakers. L/R on each side of the screen with the C above or below? All three below the screen? This might influence which combination would work and look the best.

As Brian (CatBrat) mentioned the biggest difference between using a vertical or horizontal center is likely to be how evenly the sound disperses around the room. If you plan to put the center above the TV a horizontal center’s better vertical dispersion might work best because of how high it looks like it would be in relation to your seating. If your center will go below then a vertical center like the M2 might sound better because of the improved horizontal dispersion.

A couple of other options to consider are using a VP100 center. It should do fine keeping up with M22 mains and being closer in size to the M22s might also look better, plus it’s less expensive. Another option if you want to go vertical is using dual M2 speakers above and below the screen (top one upside down for tweeter alignment). Some people like this arrangement because it anchors the center channel right in the middle of the screen and IMO could look quite aesthetically pleasing (but then you probably haven’t seen my room. wink ).

2. Yes you can mount an M2 upside down w/o any problems I use to run my center M80 that way and it worked great.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1