I'd probably prefer to use QS8s but I'm not planning on mounting them to the wall and need to place them on the top of the entertainment unit. So I think the M2s will fit the bill for that purpose. I'll probably order them and return within 30 days if they don't add much.

I'd love to consider adding width speakers but I really don't have the room. The left tower is already only 22 inches from the side wall and only about 3 ft. from the end of the sectional. After adding the new TV the left tower will probably be 16-17 inches from the sidewall so I don't think I can get wide speakers on that side. But I'll most likely consider them for my basement build in a few years time.

grunt - you mentioned that height speakers might not add much in a room with high ceilings? My room has a vaulted ceiling so I might encounter this. But do you think they might overcome my current side surrounds placement? My side surrouns are on the FMS stands and not mounted on the wall. As such they are marginally above ear level and partially blocked by the sectional couch. They still sound awesome but I've been wondering if they'd sound better placed higher. Do you think the heights would help fill them in for some (not all, obviously) of the ambient effects?

I've been meaning to post a question about my side surround placements anyways. What do you guys think about using them with the FMS stands at or just above ear level? Has anyone tried placing the stands on blocks to raise them? I've considered this but I'm concerned about stability. They're pretty stable now on the FMS stand but not sure how they'd be if I raised them.

I could actually mount them on the wall. The left surround could be mounted perfectly but the right surround would have to be on the back wall facing into the room - which wouldn't be ideal. I'm not sure if my wife would like me to mount them so I've left them on the stands.

BTW - I'm using QS8s and they still sound awesome. Just wondering if I could improve them which is why I'm considering height channels.

Thanks!