The PS3 won't copy protected movies from disc (or anything in the multi-file format of DVD, BD, or AVCHD). So yeah, the data will have to be ripped on a computer first. Most people re-compress the video (and use lossy audio) when building a media library of BD titles. In recently years it's gotten to the point that preserving the MPEG2/AC3 data of DVDs isn't a big deal. But yeah, with 20 GB per title BDs are still quite large (nothing streams them raw anyway).

My usual modus operandi is to "acquire" TV episodes from the Internet with H.264 video and AC3 sound stored in an MKV container. The PS3 doesn't play MKV files, so I use a program to repack the original file into an M2TS file. I keep the downloaded file archived on my computer, while having the repacking program write the new file out to a USB drive. A 42 minute, 1 GB episode takes only a minute to write out. After I've got my shows from the previous day all copied, I copy them again from the USB drive to the PS3's internal drive. Then I'm able to watch at my leisure.

I've also rented DVDs of TV shows. Since it takes a while to watch a full season, I'll just rip those to my computer (one episode at a time), then assemble the multiple VOBs per episode into a single MTS that can be copied to the PS3.

With ripped movies, I'll do the same. Assemble the multiple VOBs into a single MTS (or M2TS if it's H.264 video), but since the PS3 can only read FAT32 USB drives, and they can't hold files greater than 4 GB (and many movies exceed that) I'll have to use a DLNA media server to copy the file over my local network to the PS3. What ever file system the PS3 uses internally has no trouble with >4 GB files.

All reports are saying the Move controller is much more accurate than the Wii's setup (even when they have the Motion Plus add-on pack).

EyePet is an interactive, virtual pet "game" for the PS3. Since Move uses the Playstation Eye camera for tracking, games are able to use the video of the room, to augment reality. Meaning you see your room on the TV screen, but with things that aren't really there added. Like in this case a furry pet. The kids can "touch" the pet by waving their hands where it should be. There are lots of little interactive games to play with it also, which make use of the Move controller.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris