Jake - yah, not surprised by the QS8s as they are a bit low and probably muffled a bit by the couch. I'm sure placing them higher would help with lowering the crossover and would probably also help with providing a better surround field above and behind me.

A little surprised by the VP150. I have it aimed to the listening position but now that it is higher due to the TV I might have to play around with its placement/angle.

I'm not sure if I'll be using the VP180 - now that I've physically seen it, the thing is huge and heavy. I put it up on the shelf and it seems to support it but I'm not comfortable leaving it until I figure out a way to better support it (see other thread).

What version of amp in the EP500 doesn't have the 100Hz brick wall filter? I did have my amp replaced last year due to a broken volume knob and the amp does show 150Hz as the highest crossover. Does this suggest I have the latest version of the amp and it should be capable of playing up to 120Hz?

Thanks for the help. So far I seem to be enjoying what Audyssey is doing. My sub feels better integrated and I'm enjoying DynamicEQ. Still playing with it though...

BTW - yes, I have gone through the Audyssey thread/faq/setup guide on AVS (as well as batpigs Denon site). But there's lots of information to digest and I've only run Audyssey once. I'm sure I'll be reading and re-running Audyssey a few times to become better acquainted with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by icehawk21; 11/13/10 05:28 PM.