Is Bren the nice fella who works for Axiom? If so, I have had the pleasure of speaking with Bren on the phone, getting good advice and enjoying his easygoing manner. Therefore, and respectfully, as to the implications of Bren's comment and the comments of others, I disagree.

It seems to me that we try to reduce resonant vibrations in the speaker cabinet by building a solid Axiom-like speaker cabinet. The goal is attempting to assure that the transducer is the only vibrating component. Now, clearly, everything turns into a Helmholtz resonator, but it also seems to me you want to localize your audio vibrations to the speaker drivers.

As to the other components, vibrations from outside sources can cause tubes to act in a microphonic manner. So, you hope that at least your tubes are not excited by your speakers or other sources of kinetic energy to resonate.

Unlike many on this board, I do not presume to know anything about quantum physics except what I've learned from watching Star Trek. Nevertheless, it seems to me that you want to isolate your solid state components from vibrations, i.e., from kinetic energy - dunno whether kicking a solid state component will produce an undesirable miniburst of electrons or otherwise cause noise.

I don't think the idea of using dynamat to dampen components was thunk up by the marketing folks at dynamat. I think it is much more likely that audio tweakers seized on this product and applied it to accomplish a specific and as far as Dynamat is concerned, a use unanticipated by Dynamat.

I figure I'll get a sheet or two and use them on the inside cover of my CDP (as pointed out above, careful not to block any vents).

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.