Hello MarkyM: I initiated a thread discussing in detail the new M60's I had bought. You might want to take a look at http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=325662#Post325662 - However I decided not to keep them and to purchase M80's explicitly because they have dual tweeters and mid-range speakers. I was looking for a forward sounding speaker in those frequencies for the presentation I was seeking. I found the M60's were very smooth and blended. One could easily determine instrument location in the sound stage accurately. The M80's in my opinion produce music that seems to go beyond any specific speaker location or boundaries...they disappear when performing. From your description the M60's may be the speaker for you. When the volume is turned up they perform magnificently and comparable to the M80...perhaps less detailed in the highs. Since I listen at moderate volumes and strictly to classical music I was looking for a speaker that would give me a forward sound at lower levels and the 80's hit the spot.