Well, I got some extremely unpleasant news the other day. I had a professional stair maker (if that's the term) come in to give me a quote on replacing my stairs to the basement, as they are quite dangerous and have been an eyesore for a couple years now because we tore the carpet off them when I was in the midst of overhauling the TV/entertainment room, and relocating the elevator. Long story short, it looks like the previous homeowners just framed in the temporary stairs that the contractors built when initially constructing the house. So, they are an absolute piece of junk and have to be completely removed.

It's going to cost $2400 (before taxes) to have the stairs and railing built and installed. On top of that, my contractor friend just told me yesterday that it will cost his guys $1500 to take the stairs out, straighten the wall etc. etc. (I'll post some pictures of them so you can see exactly what I'm dealing with.)

Altogether, that's $4000 to replace approximately 12-15 flights of stairs, and that's not including what it will cost to stain them.

I just wanted to vent, but also to reiterate how important it is to have a professional inspector look at a house before you purchase it, and don't rely on a friend, even though they are a professional contractor, because things like this can be accidentally overlooked.

Anyway, it just really sucks and I'm rather pissed off.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.