Personally, I do like Audyssey. I know some folks differ on that opinion. From trial and error I think most people fail by not running the test correctly, placement of the mic, a quiet room, nothing in the way of the mic to cause reflections during the test from all mic sweeps, etc.

There is a document on AVS in the official audyssey forum I followed a long time ago, I'm sure it is updated now, but it has "best" practices for good results.

I believe often it is user error which causes people to not use Audyssey. I learned from a few mistakes my first attempts, and spent one Saturday perfecting my methods. smile

I also like using Dynamic EQ, and Dynamic Volume.

There is a button on my remote where I can turn Audyssey off/on fairly quickly. When closing my eyes, it is obvious to me when Audyssey is working with positive benefits to help with room acoustic problems.

Axiom will tell you Audyssey makes good speakers like Axioms sound worse, to me the exact opposite is true, it makes them sound just that much better as it accounts for imperfect rooms.

But, don't listen to me, your mileage may vary. smile

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85