Hey guys, I have a question about how i should mount my plasma. I'm a rookie home owner, so anything involving handy-man fixit type stuff is not my forte.. i'm a computer nerd lol. Anyway, my concern is this:

The room i have chosen for my media room is a spacious rectangle in my basement. Two walls are outside walls and the other 2 walls are studs/sheetrock inside walls. The wall I will have to mount the TV on is one of the outside walls. Upon inspection, it looks like it was finished with a layer of styrofoam (between flat studs) over the concrete, then drywalled. The studs obviously on their sides. From what others have told me this is a faily common way to finish these concrete walls.

I'm worried that mounting my TV to these studs isn't deep enough (1.5"), and wonder if I should look at drilling into the concrete wall behind it to anchor into? The plasma is a Samsung 58" that if I recall weighs about 160 lbs. The mount is from monoprice and is one of their heavy duty ones. All in all we're looking at about 200-220 lbs of weight.

Another concern is that I'm probably going to have to cut into the sheetrock to create a channel for the cables/wires as well. So that kinda sucks as I was hoping to avoid that kind of work (since i have no experience with sheetrock) and since there aren't gaps between studs to fish the cabling, i'll have to cut out styrofoam as well. Unless in my inexperience, I'm just not thinking of a better way...

What would you guys recommend for these 2 concerns?

I'm really excited to get things setup.. my setup of M60's, VP150, and QR's have been lonely in their boxes for too long since i've moved into the house! Now with my new 58" plasma and a new BD player, i'm ready to get some epic movie viewing in! Unfortunately its turned out to be a bit more work than i initially thought it would lol.