Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Actually, I think the "updates" point was a valid one...if not for roads, at least for finding restaurants, etc.

The reason I replaced that older Garmin with the new one was because the maps were SO out of date, that on a trip from NH to south Jersey, I kept pulling off the road for restaurants that no longer existed, and I was getting pissed at the time lost.

Those maps were like 6 years old, and a new map download was $80, while a new GPS was $100.

I bought the lifetime update from Garmin for $120. 6 weeks after I bought (it had been that price for 2 years) it dropped to something like $80. Even with the updated maps, it still doesn't find everything - like the REI in Greensboro - doesn't have a clue that it is there. Yesterday we searched for the Palladium Cinema in High Point so we could get the number - no deal. But, when we went in under points of interest, it was there but it was spelled Pallidium. Probably outsourced the data entry?

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill