Hi,

Sorry to give that impression, I like to follow the detail in a ContraBass line in a good jazz recording, or be able to hear the timbre differences between the drums in a Taiko recording... for example. This requires tight accurate bass.

A number of years ago, I had one of the original Cambridge Soundworks SubWoofer II's, it was an acoustic suspension eight inch driver, driven by a moderate amp (either 75 or 100 watts). It was designed before HT became popular, and was extremely musical. It matched with my AR speakers seamlessly, so when I was listening to music, one was simply unaware that the bass was being augemented, unless one flipped the subs power switch, then the soundstage would completely collapse quite dramaticly. Unfortunatlely, it wasn't 'slamming' and was not appropraite in any way for HT, so they no longer make it. But, I've heard what a musical sub can do!!

I'm sorry I gave the impression that I equate money with quality, I'm looking hard at the HSU products and am here at the Axiom forum, so that can't be entirely true. Due to some fortunate circumstances, I can set up a system optimized for listening to music with fewer financial restraints than I'm used to- the purpose of my posting here is to try to get an idea of 'bang for buck', and the best 'no compromise' system that would make sense, and not just be buying expensive 'name' speakers for the heck of it- that is, I'd really like to get $20,000 worth of audio performance for .. oh say.. under $5,000. If that makes any sense.