Originally Posted By: wid

Nice, congrats Cam. That's the same set they gave me as a replacement for my 460. It's a nice set, I think you'll like it.

Rick, are you aware that you can change the 550 into a 590 via the service menu? It gives you Cinema Smooth which allows full 1080p/24 playback, along with a couple other settings.

I'm following the thread on AVS closely. Earlier on, respected people on AVS reported that the change wasn't a positive one, but now some people are reporting it as being beneficial after applying a firmware or software update.

I just stumbled across it the other day, so it's slightly new to me, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Originally Posted By: Adrian
That's good news Cam. I have to say I'm not too impressed with Samsung's customer service overall though.

Adrian, it was an arduous process, and they were very inconsistent in their responses. I will be very wary of ever buying another Samsung product due to my experience. And now that my Samsung Galaxy S is bricked thanks to their Froyo update (which seems to be a cross Canada pandemic), it only strengthens my conviction.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.