Here is the latest:

The upgrade is in place and the Linux users reporting issues in the forum will now see that issue resolved. This was due to an extremely large amount of attack IP's sharing the 'X11' user-agent or Konqueror.

Glad to hear it is working already! And as always, I very much appreciate your help with this issue.

I've been speaking with several people over the last couple of days (not including the Mounties, as consensus is they don't check into these things at all frown ) and I'm looking at some options regarding moving us away from our current ISP and onto a more protected platform. Any advice is appreciated! We are trying to understand if 'cloud computing' would protect against this sort of attack. We are currently on a dedicated server and our ISP threw their hands up when we contacted them about the problem and said the only thing they could do was to take the box dark for a day and hope the problem went away. This seemed more like an Amie approach than a security-minded approach, but I'm not very technically-minded, so . . .