Hi twelley.

I know you are looking for "expert" opinion here, but that isn't going to stop me. I am not an expert, I just play one in my HT room!

1. I just got the M60/VP100/QS8 set for a room a little bigger than yours with a peaked ceiling (also sight unseen and unauditioned). I'm a pretty happy guy right now. Joe pointed me to the 60s versus the 80s. Some of that had to do with the 4 ohm thing, but your receiver should handle that nicely and the M60s will fill the area handsomely. Since hooking everything up, I have found that the M60s give me a sense of almost too much speaker for the room. However, in most cases, more audio capability is better; just be aware that the 80s apparently need room to breathe The VP100 choice was driven by space considerations and it is excellent; like you I would have opted for the VP150 otherwise. The QS8s - superb! These speakers are simply wonderful.

2. No speaker will deliver bass approaching what a good sub can provide. If you are looking at the M80s because of the bass, I'd suggest you take the M60s and use the savings towards a good sub. I have an SVS 20-39PCi that is excellent. Look at the SVS and HSU subs - they are excellent. Box or cylinder - personal preference. If $$ aren't an issue, look at the SVS PC -Plus / PB2 series or the HSU VTF-3 as your starting points. Both companies are wonderful to deal with and will spend time talking you through the options. Erik at SVS actually sold me down from the PC-plus to the PCi and I'm thrilled with the end result.

4. I am about to mount the QS8s using the brackets. I'm glad I saw Jason's note about the rubber feet (Thanks Jason!). I will be able to attach the center portion of the bracket to a wall stud, so they should be pretty stable. Placement is to be considered, but these things are purported to be very forgiving. Also, I don't have much appetite for fishing the walls for wires (outside wall and heavily insulated). I found some nice wire channels yesterday that I can paint to match the wall and these will avoid dangling wires.

5. You've already gotten some input to the speaker wire question. It's pretty much unanswerable. After doing weeks of research, I opted for 14 guage wire and I got it in bulk from Home Depot. This appeared to be a common and very effective choice. I avoided the 12 guage based on some input that it's weight and relative "not as flexible as the 14" characteristics may tend to abuse the receiver's connections and loosen them up a bit. Who knows if that is so. Also, in using the bracket to mount the QS8s, the 12 may not allow for a nice mount.

I also saw the "more expensive is much better" comments that you have likely seen. Since no one can clearly prove that thicker or more expensive is better/more effective, the 14 guage Home Depot is in the house and it works fine. My final thought on this piece is this - generally where I stop spending is at the point where any additional dollars only benefit a greater appreciation of the audio for my dog. If I can't hear it, what's the point. The speaker wire discussions got to that point very quickly. Since the Home Depot solution is relatively inexpensive, you could start there and replace the wire later if you have a burning need. Whatever you decide, Monster products are WAAYYY too expensive for what you get.

Summary. M60s or M80s. SVS or HSU. 12 gauge/14 gauge or Home Depot/expensive boutique speaker wires. None of these decisons will be a mistake (except maybe expensive speaker wire ). To echo Jack's input - you will be best served by doing what makes you happy. You don't want to sit down to enjoy your setup and find out you are almost happy. Once you hook up the Axioms and turn everything on, your concerns will disappear in a nanosecond.

Good luck, whatever your choices - get the things ordered. You won't believe how well they all work together.

Ray