"PS your axiom id reminds me of a soccer team in holland..."

OK gnrajagopal. Ya gotta explain that one. Is there a Dutch soccer team called "the Ajax"?

tomtuttle. "are the M22's positioned back a bit from the front of the "shelf" they are on"?

Yes they are. It's one of the problems I have with my setup. I was gonna do a separate post on it, but since you asked.....

First, I am still experimenting with speaker positioning. As I understand it the optimum positioning of the front 3 speakers is in a gentle arc so that the "sweet spot" is roughly equidistant from each speaker.

Even if I put the 22s right on the front edge of the pine boards on which they are currently sitting, in order to achieve that arc, I'd have to move the VP150, and the shelf on which it sits, back underneath the pine boards on which the TV sits. It would not be physically difficult to do that, but it is my understanding that that position would be less than desirable because of the 8 to 12 inches of overhang of the pine boards which would be right above the center. Although, in my case, the VP150 would still have about 5 inches of space on each side, and I could leave the drivers a little extended past the lip of the shelf on which the VP150 sits, as it is now.

Also, because of circumstances which, at the moment, are uncorrectable, the primary seating position is only about 8 feet from the TV set. That's why the 22s are, at the moment, set back some.

Another drawback to my setup is that, because of the height of the pine boards, the tweeters of the 22s is about a foot higher than I would like them to be. You might be able to see in the photo, just behind the VP150 there is an air conditioner in the wall. Place was built in the late 40's or early 50's before they figured out that hot air rises and cold air falls, and therefore air conditioners should be placed high on a wall, not low. DUH!

So, I can't really lower anything. It's bad enough that the AC is blowing at the back of the VP150. I don't really want it blowing at the back of the TV, for two reasons. One, I don't think it would be good for the TV. And two, It's tough enough as it is to get the cold air into the room. I put a Vornado fan under the VP150 in the summer to blow the AC air into the room.

Maybe I oughta just move. If you could see my basement, you'd know why that's outa the question.

I will be experimenting with different positions, and I'm open to any and all suggestions. HELP!

There are advantages, and disadvantages to any of the current technologies but, yeah Tom, in general, I'm very happy with my Sammy DLP.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton