skool, thanks for the suggestion on the B-tech bracket. I had actually looked at that when I was mulling over my VP100/VP150 decision. I never thought about the bracket for the QS8s.

chess, after a few days of listening, I think they sound pretty good where they are. Your input seems to support the “very forgiving” placement comments I have seen. I also dropped an email to Alan with a link to this post, asking for input. I’ll see what that brings as well. I didn’t mention in my original post that I’m lazy enough to want to avoid drilling, filling, priming, painting etc.

Jack, the TV is a 50”Sony Grand Wega II (50XBR800) I picked up last March as the first piece of assembling the HT. It is a rear projection LCD. Once I eliminated the big, boxy rear projections (size, angle of view, burn-in) and plasma (way too expensive, burn-in and plasma gas dissipation over time), that left me with LCD and DLP.

More research led me to this Sony LCD and Samsung's DLP. Eliminated the Samsung DLP since I saw the rainbows and experienced the slight nausea that is sometimes mentioned. The Sony has been nothing less than wonderful. This whole HT thing has been driven because 1) my daughters are grown & gone and 2) my bride is a teacher and spends most evenings and weekends doing schoolwork. Add long cold winters to the equation and I log quite a bit of HT time. Now with the Axioms, my music % will increase .

The picture is stunning. There is a guy at the AVS Forum (umr) who tackled the TV and went into the Service Menu to tweak/adjust the TV to bring out it’s best. He created a 12 page .pdf; kind of a mini-manual. Makes a big difference. The PQ is fabulous. I can’t properly articulate what Hi Def looks like. I spend a lot of time watching things broadcast in HD just because it is HD. I also got the excellent Denon 1600 DVD player to complement the TV.

spiff, Sony has added a 42” version for this model year that looks excellent. With interest rates where they are, another $2500-$2800 in the financing on that condo would get lost in the rounding.